Since our first invention of the original Autobag® bagging machine more than 50 years ago, Automated Packaging Systems has grown to serve customers in nearly every industry in every region of the world. Today, it’s nearly impossible to browse the aisles of any retail store and not see products packaged in our poly bags.
Our founders, Hershey and Bernie Lerner (PMMI Hall of Fame c. 2012), along with the first Autobag sales rep, Art Gould, not only created a financially stable and continuously growing company, but also a workplace where thousands of employees would have an opportunity to contribute, grow and learn.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Automated Packaging Systems is an employee-owned ESOP company with a culture that’s hard to find in 21st century businesses. Our founders are still active in the business every day, and the ethical, family-oriented, compassionate and fun-inspired values on which they built this company have become the foundation of our daily activities and interactions.
As employee owners, we are dedicated to designing and manufacturing flexible packaging solutions, including machinery and materials, and to effectively serving our global customers.
To be a global market leader by creating innovative system solutions and delivering exceptional customer experiences. Provide a family culture where employees are appreciated, can grow, and will enjoy coming to work.
- Exceed customer expectations through exceptional quality and service
- Foster innovation and drive continuous improvement
- Act with integrity and ethics in all that we do
- Promote performance with accountability
- Maintain a team-oriented environment and treat each other with respect
- Work safely and have fun
Automated Packaging Systems specialises in flexible packaging. Our product lines include:
Autobag® - High-quality bagging machines and system-matched bags-on-a-roll
SidePouch® - High-speed bagging systems with the flexibility to run bags and stand-up pouches
AirPouch® - World class, on-demand protective packaging systems
We provide a comprehensive network of service and support professionals dedicated to ensuring maximum up-time, including:
- Field based engineers permanently on the road
- A dedicated customers service administrator
- Telephone advice on all technical and software issues
- Online diagnostic and support for label software
- Comprehensive spare parts cover
- Next day timed delivery on all in-stock spare parts*
- Graphics and art service
- Expert applications technicians
- Formal operator and maintenance training courses